Perpetual Plan B

Friday, February 20, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

When I was expecting Ally, Morgan was two and a half. Somehow she had come up with the idea that anyone with a big stomach was going to have a baby. (Because really, how do you explain that to a two year old?)

One day I went to my work to pick up a check and I brought her with me. I was standing there talking to a group of older men. We were all standing in a circle and Morgan suddenly broke away from me and poked them each in turn saying "You have a baby in your tummy and you have a baby in your tummy and you have a baby in your tummy." (I think she skipped the two skinny ones.)

I was so embarrassed! I mumbled some sort of quick apology and then we left.

A few weeks later, my Aunt Shirley was visiting from Albuquerque. She and my Uncle Deloy and my grandma were all at my parents' house sitting on the couch. We'd been visiting for quite a while when Morgan again broke away and said "You have a baby in your tummy and you have a baby in your tummy." When she got to Aunt Shirley, she hesitated. Her eyes got really big and she pointed at Aunt Shirley's chest, which is quite large. Finally she said "You've got TWO babies in your tummy!"

It's a good thing Aunt Shirley has a good sense of humor!

No comments: