Perpetual Plan B

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Filling in the Gaps


Austin came home from Primary today with a picture he'd drawn. I could tell by the picture exactly what it was. He'd drawn Joseph Smith and the first vision.
When we got home and I was fixing his lunch, I asked him to tell me the story of the first vision. He actually remembered most of it.
This is what he said:
"When Joseph Smith was a boy, he fell down in a group of trees and he prayed to Heavenly Father and asked him which church to join. Heavenly Father and Jesus came and saw him and told him not to join any church because they were all wrong."
I asked, "What happened next? Is that when he started to organize our church?"
Austin then looked at me quizzically and said "No, he didn't."
"He didn't?" I asked. "Then what happened next?"
"He died."
I think we need to have a Family Home Evening lesson to fill in some of the gaps.

No comments: