Perpetual Plan B

Monday, February 9, 2009

Ally and the Dental Assistant

The first time I took Ally to her new dentist, Dr. Archibald, things seemed to be going well. She was three or four by then and she didn't act scared like I thought she would. She even sat very still, which was more than I can say for the time we took her to Uncle Dar. She wouldn't even open her mouth for him.

I was feeling so proud of her until I heard Dr. Archibald's assistant, Bari, walk in and Ally said, "Hello Chubby, nice to meet you."

Now Bari is kind of a big woman, so I was mortified. I walked into the room and said, "I'm sorry, she watches Bugs Bunny and that's something they said on one of the cartoons." Which really was true.

And Bari replied, "I didn't even hear what she said."

So we both smiled and I breathed a sigh of relief and left the room. All was well.

That is, until I heard Ally, in the other room, say with a very clear little voice, "I SAID, Hello Chubby, nice to meet you!"

I think they charged me extra for that visit.

No comments: