Perpetual Plan B

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Vanilla Milk

Have you ever heard people say to drink warm milk before going to bed so you can fall asleep? Well, I have and I've always thought that it sounded gross. When milk gets to be room temperature it tastes bad, why would you want to drink it warm on purpose?

We have come across a tasty idea that we really like. It's called Vanilla Milk. It can also be a good substitute when you are tired of hot chocolate and it's really good with popcorn. It's easy too.

First you take a mug and fill it with milk. You don't really need to measure it. Then you add in about a teaspoon of sugar or maple syrup (or more if you want). I like to use pure maple (not maple flavoring) because it's supposedly healthier for you. Now put it in the microwave and warm it up. I heat mine for about 45 seconds and then check it. When it gets as hot or warm as you want, add about 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla. I like to use Mexican vanilla because I like how it tastes.

That's it. It's a pretty simple, comforting drink. I like to have it ready for the kids when they come in from a snowy day at school, or playing outside.

1 comment:

Katie said...

YUM!!! Sounds good to me! In Brazil we would heat the milk and then stir in a teaspoon of honey. I thought it sounded weird too, but I fell in love with it!