Perpetual Plan B

Friday, March 6, 2009

Get Over It

That's my new mantra. I've said that to myself a lot lately.

I'm really not the type of person to get my feelings hurt easily, but I over-analyze EVERYTHING. In fact, I'm more inclined to worry over something I said to someone else and how they took it than something someone says to me.

This facebook business is exacerbating the problem. The last time I felt this way was the first few months after Hal got put in as bishop. I felt so conspicuous and worried about everything, including what I'd said in Relief Society that day, if my skirt was too short, who I hadn't said hi to that expected me to, etc. I finally just had to tell myself to get over it. It was ruining my Sundays.

Now in facebook I'm starting the whole process all over again. Once you send a message you can't get it back. If someone doesn't write back I worry. Did I offend them, was the message too long, do they just want me to leave them alone? (Sometimes I forget the obvious, like maybe they are busy or thought the conversation was done.)

(Note: If I had one of those actions that played music, I'd insert Life Goes On by LeAnn Rimes right now. I love that song and it kind of fits my mood today. I probably won't start putting music here because it kind of annoys me when I go to a blog and it plays music I don't really like. I'll spare you the same annoyance. If you want, you can google the song and play it in the background while you read. See how conscientious of your feelings I can be!)

Whew! Now that I got that out, I think I'm good.

Thanks for hanging in there with me for this one. If you didn't enjoy reading this post I have only one thing to say to you: Get over it.

No comments: