Perpetual Plan B

Monday, March 16, 2009

It's Almost Scone Weather!

I love to make scones. (The British, baked kind, not the fried kind.) Actually, I really just love eating them. I'd be happy to skip the baking segment if I could get someone else to bake them for me.

Every spring I get in a scone-baking mood. I even make a nice lemon curd to go with the scones. Yum!

Last week I went to Sam's Club to buy a big container of craisins but I couldn't find them. I wonder if they were out.

They did, however, have every other kind of dried fruit under the sun, including dried cherries, blueberries, apricots, pineapple, etc. I ended up buying a package of every kind, including a big bag of pitted prunes. I have no idea why I bought the prunes. (I just ate one because I thought it might be a good idea and it was disgusting!)

Anyway, when a nice spring day comes along I will be ready! (As long as I can keep the kids out of the dried fruit. I'll have to put the bag of prunes in front of the others and hope that will keep them from investigating any further.)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, these sound divine! We might need to get together again so I can steal your recipe for scones and lemon curd!