Perpetual Plan B

Friday, October 30, 2009

Favorite Photo Friday

Here's a photo that I ran across a few weeks ago that I don't remember ever seeing. It's not really a spectacular picture, but I think it's kind of funny.

For a few years when I was first married, the entire Fronk family would rent one condo at Bear Lake for a week. Notice I said ONE condo. This is a big family, so basically you are never alone the whole week. This was a hard thing for me.

Now I love Bear Lake, and I really do love my in-law family, but I think that this is taking family togetherness a bit too far. And since Hal and I were the youngest, we would generally have to sleep on the couch in the main room. This meant we were the last ones to bed and the first ones up in the morning.

I liked it a lot better once some of the families started renting their own condos so we could spread out a little more. Still though, somehow I always ended up having one of my nieces or nephews walking in on me in the bathroom when I was changing into my swimsuit.

I would generally cry all the way home from Bear Lake because I was so glad to get home.

This photo was taken in 1993, the year I separated my shoulder. I'm sitting on the couch next to Hal's sister, Jill and next to her is Paul, Hal's sister Jayne's husband.

I think we all just look so thrilled to be there.

Really though, this many years later, I can honestly say I have some fond memories of those times.


This next photo fits in with the snow we unexpectedly received this last week.

Hal always makes pretty creative snowmen and this one was supposed to be a happy little elf. He was trying to get Austin to stand still for a picture but Austin was done. He wanted to go in. (Look at his poor little cold hands. Why isn't he wearing an actual coat? I have no idea.)

Anyway, I love how it looks like the snowman is scaring Austin half to death.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I don't know why but I like that you have control of the remote in the Bear Lake photo.