Perpetual Plan B

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another Halloween Food that is Better in Theory

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present, "Ghosts in the Graveyard", a.k.a. Shepherd's Pie.

This is a dish that my kids usually love. It tastes much better than it looks, really it does, and it also takes care of the problem of what to do with that pesky leftover roast beef. I even put cheese on just one side so Ally will eat it too.

Well, one problem, the ghosts look more like slightly demented phantoms and the kids wouldn't touch it. I think it really scared them. Morgan gamely ate a little. Even once I disposed of those pesky ghosts the visual still lingered, haunting their appetites.

I ended up eating most of it myself, since I took the time to make it and I HATE throwing away good food.

But, after three days and not many takers, the ghosts have gone the way of the world.

They do look rather creepy, don't they? Kind of like sad, baby ghosts.

"Please don't eat us, we'll be good!"

I think we'll just stick with our old stand-by, dinner in a pumpkin. Mostly because it doesn't have eyeballs and stare at you while you are eating it.

2 comments:

The Gathering Place said...

I love your ghostly shepherd pie! I laughed out loud that you had to eat it all alone. (Sounds familiar.)
One of these days maybe your family will appreciate the festive food!
JoAnn

Katie said...

Hahahaha . . . I would totally eat that! It is so funny!