Perpetual Plan B

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Defending my Honor

This is Morgan in the ocean at Newport, Rhode Island. This photo was taken on her 12 year old trip where just she and I got to go on a big adventure. It is a trip I will cherish the memory of always! Hopefully we can do something like this again when she turns 16.


Now, on to the real post:

This is in rebuttal to the remarks made previously by one, Morgan Fronk. I will address them one at a time.

First of all, one of the hazards of old age is that the memory is first to go. I will be honest and say that I did notice the cookie dough when I opened the fridge to put away the vegetables that I had just bought. If SOMEONE had been helping me, I wouldn't have even seen the cookie dough in the first place, and so the grievously erronious post would have never been written in the first place. (But then our dear readers would also not have my easy snack tip either, so that would have been sad.) I will, however, own up to the fact that I SHOULD have figured out on my own that you are the one that moved the cookie dough. Why, you ask? Because a lot more of it was missing than the last time I remember having any.

Next, the spelling of Austin's new best friend's name. Yes, it's true that I was a former spelling champion. Because accuracy of facts apparently matters to you a lot, I believe it must be mentioned I won the Spelling Bee not once, not twice or even three times. I won it in 4th, 5th, 6th and even 7th grade where the competition was much stiffer. I did, however, lose in 8th grade, with the word loneliest, which I hesitate to put here because I am still not sure how to spell it correctly. In fact, this is the first time I have ever used the word since then. I have avoided it at all costs until now, but I have spell check on my side today, so I'll be brave because it is a good example for you.
Being a former Spelling Champ has been both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because that means I am usually able to spell words correctly. A curse because I forget to use spell check and also I never hear the end of it if I do spell a word wrong. But, since the name Clawsure (is that how you spelled it?) is not actually a real word, there is no shame involved with not spelling it "correctly". And, if you would have read the whole post, I did ask for help, which I am a firm believer in doing if you don't know the correct answer to any question. This is a lesson you would do well to learn. :-) I will now use spell check.
(Apparently, I keep spelling the word apparently wrong. In a minute, I will go and type it 20 times correctly. Also, for the record, the name Clawsure didn't pass the spell check test either.)

And finally, in apology to you, I will post one of my favorite photos of you. It will be the first photo ever posted on this blog, an honor that I hope you appreciate. (Not sure why the photo is at the top. I wanted it at the bottom of the post.)