Perpetual Plan B

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Andrea's wedding and a couple of wacky Sunday adventures

What a wonderful day yesterday! I got to go to my niece, Andrea's wedding. She married the cutest guy named Felipe Lee. They are an adorable (and I don't throw around that word too often) couple. It was a beautiful day but very cold! We were all so freezing when they were taking the group pictures. I think I look goofy in a few of them. Now that I think about it, who am I kidding? I probably look goofy in all of them. Andrea made a very beautiful bride. She has always been very special to me. I have lots of really great nieces and nephews who are all so entertaining. (And I do love to be entertained.)

Last Sunday I was intently listening to the speaker and Ally kept pestering me. I tried to ignore her, as usual, but she was just being too obnoxious. I looked at her and she kept puffing out her cheeks. Finally in exasperation I grabbed her cheeks to "pop" them. (Isn't that what you're supposed to do when someone puffs out their cheeks?) She got this look of horror on her face as a ton of water came out of her mouth. She had kept her sacrament water in her mouth all that time! (This was the third speaker since the sacrament. At least 10 minutes had gone by since she had actually taken the water. Who knows how much spit was now mixed with it!) She actually had the nerve to say "What did you do that for?"

Today we started early church. I really, really hate early church. It is really hard to get three kids and myself up and ready on time, especially with usually two out of the three kids acting pretty hostile. One of them still kicks. Hard. (I just decided that when Hal is released from being bishop I will insist he get the kids ready in the morning. Of course by then they will all be old enough and hopefully mature enough to get themselves ready.) The only time I like early church is at 12:30 every Sunday, when we are home from church and have the rest of the day to do whatever we end up doing.

Today we had a little excitement when, proud of ourselves for actually being ready on time, we jumped in the car. I pushed the button to open the garage and nothing happened except for a little groaning on the part of the garage door. I could tell it was moving on one side a little so I knew it was frozen shut. I ran in to call Hal and let him know what was going on, half hoping he'd tell me to not worry about it and stay home. No such luck. He suggested I get the snow shovel and try to use it like a crow bar. That didn't sound great to me, so I got out the hair dryer instead. We got the extension cord and I held the hair dryer and kept moving it around to all the parts I thought might be frozen. It was mostly the bottom of one side. One by one I got those little gear things moving. I was pretty ticked though, because I was feeling so proud of myself for getting us all up and dressed in time to be 10 minutes early. We ended up being about 10 minutes late. I HATE being late. It is one of my biggest pet peeves. I bet we haven't been late to church more than once since Hal was made bishop. (Coincidence? I don't think so!)

No comments: