Perpetual Plan B

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Few Things That Made My Afternoon Nap Very Un-Relaxing Today:

I have not taken an afternoon nap for a very long time. Now I remember why I don't usually attempt it. Here, in no particular order, is what happened today:

1. Austin kept waking me up every 10 minutes. I think I've written about this problem before. It makes me feel much worse than I did BEFORE my nap. I know I was actually asleep at least once because I was dreaming that I was in Austin's room and it was a mess. I was very unhappy about this. I was glad to find out later that it was just a dream and his room was still clean.

2. The fly that kept buzzing around my head and occasionally landing on me. If I were a Transformer, I'd have at least one hand that could turn into a giant flyswatter when necessary.

3. A toothache that hurts in at least three different places in my mouth and won't settle into just one tooth so I can get it fixed!

4. My children found the harmonica that I bought for them a few years ago. They never play it when I ask them to, only when it is very inconvenient for me to hear it.

5. The couch smells much worse than it did when we bought it in 1990. (19 years ago for those of you who don't like math.)

Heaven help me, I need a nap! (And some aspirin.)

No comments: