Perpetual Plan B

Thursday, March 11, 2010

What Did The Mayans Know Then That We Don't Know Now?

Ok, so the other day we were kidding around about the Mayan calendar and how it ends in 2012. We said we should have a big party to celebrate when the world might have ended, but didn't. Unless you live under a rock, you've heard it all before too.

What I hadn't heard, because I don't really pay attention to that sort of stuff, is the exact day the world will supposedly end, December 21st.

December 21st? What? Why hadn't anyone informed me of this before?

Why is this significant? Because it's THE DAY BEFORE my 45th birthday. Why didn't this ring a bell for anyone in my immediate family? They all seemed to know what day it was. Didn't they think I might want to know ahead of time if I will have yet another unhappy birthday?

Well, I am here to tell you all right now that I am going to throw myself a major birthday party on that day. (No, not THAT day - on my birthday, the day AFTER that day.) Right now, you're all invited to a birthday open house in my honor. (I did mention that I've only had one actual birthday party in my life, right? I told my family they need to do something big. Let's hope they follow through so I don't have to make my own birthday cake that year.)

If you come we can crank up the tunes and have a dance in our basement (my personal favorite leisure time activity). We can also play pool or charades or pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey or any other party games we feel like playing. We may even go nuts and have a pinata.

In other words, if you come, we can all party like it's 1999. (Or any other time when we all thought the world was going to end and it really didn't.)

No comments: