Perpetual Plan B

Monday, December 21, 2009

One Of These Things Is Not Like The Others

My Christmas spirit has come back.

I had been under a lot of stress from extended family issues, mostly because of dumb circumstances, not really anything anyone in particular had done. But, I was not really feeling the love this holiday season.

Until Morgan got out the glue gun and made these wonderful puppets for me.

I had seen them on Joann's blog a few months ago (joannclegg.blogspot.com) and LOVED the idea. Every year I try to get the kids to act out the Nativity on Christmas eve, but with only three kids, it's not very easy.

This should solve the problem. Three kids = six hands.

Like Joann, we made them using only things we had around the house, which forced us to get a little creative sometimes. (I act like I'm taking credit. I did help - a little. I looked up the scraps of material and stuff.)

So, I know you want to see them. See if you can tell which one doesn't belong.

Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus

The shepherds

The wisemen (I think the one on the right looks a little bit like Howie Mandel.)

The innkeeper and the angel

And the nun
I can't really explain the nun, but I do think that she turned out kind of cute.

1 comment:

The Gathering Place said...

Wow! I love your puppets! Isn't it fun to know that they didn't cost you any money and are so cute? I hadn't even thought of making an innkeeper- now I'll have to get busy! I hope your family will have a new tradition!
JoAnn