Perpetual Plan B

Monday, December 14, 2009

Kids These Days

On Saturday I said to Austin, "Hurry and eat your breakfast, I'm going to take you somewhere fun today."

Austin: "The dollar store?"

Me: "No, better."

Austin: "The craft store?"

Me: "No, even better than that."

Austin: "What's better than that?"

Me: "How about going to see Santa?"

Austin: "And then can we go to the dollar store and the craft store?"

I don't think I can even spell the unhappy sound that I made when he said that.

Later:

Here Austin is telling Santa that he wants a set of bagpipes. Now he really is convinced that he is going to get a set of them! Don't ask me where he came up with that idea.

(This was before he decided he wanted a Ouija board. Good thing, or Santa might have reported us to Social Services. That would be very inconvenient timing with Christmas coming and all.)

No comments: